Having problems with your outlook auto-caching email addresses? It is nice to be able to type in the first few letters of an email address and have outlook give you recent cached email addresses to choose from. This is a real time saver! If suddenly your auto cache is no longer working chances are your auto cache file is corrupted. To clear this corrupted file; perform the following steps:
1. Bring up outlook and sign in.
2. Click on the File Tab
3. Click on Options
4. Outlook Options windows pops up. Click on Mail.
5. Scroll down to Send Messages.
6. Click on “Empty Auto Complete List” Button.
7. You are finished. Test it by creating a new test email to someone. Then create a new email again and type in the first letter or two of the email that you just sent to and the cached email address should appear.
Unfortunately, once your auto cache file is corrupted it cannot be restored. Therefore, removing it using the steps above and rebuilding the list is the way to fix the problem.
For more information on this problem, there is a microsoft support document available for review at: