THIS POST IS DEPRECATED!
New instructions are on the following post: http://wp.natsci.colostate.edu/cnsit/bc401-chime-installation-instructions/
- Insert BC401 CD into your CD drive.
- Copy the BC401_2009 folder from the CD onto your computer hard drive. Copy it to a place where you will remember where it is.
- Go to the BC401_2009 folder on your hard drive and open the Software (PC) folder.
- Download FireFox Version 5 (we have reports that anything newer doesn’t work properly) at the URL: https://cnsit.natsci.colostate.edu/cnsit/files/ff5.exe
- Install Mozilla FireFox by clicking on Firefox Setup Application. This will install Mozilla FireFox browser onto your computer.
- Accept all the defaults for installation
- Restart your computer
- Go to the BC401_2009 folder on your hard drive and open the Software (PC) folder. Go to the Chime_2.6 folder.
- Double-Click on the MDLChime26SP4 Application. This will install Chime 2.6 onto your computer.
- Accept all the defaults for the Chime installation by clicking “Next”.
- Copy npchime.dll file:
- FROM C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins
- TO C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Plugins
- Verify the Chime Plugin installed correctly in Mozilla FireFox.
- Tools->Add-ons->Plugin Tab. You will see MDL Chime Pro 2.6 listed.