Lynda.com is Back!
Updated: July 29th, 2016
Author: Ross Madden
Categories: General CNSIT
I have just learned, from Scott Baily, directory of ACNS, that the online online education company that offers thousands of video courses in software, creative, and business skills is once again available. This time, it is available either through the Poudre Valley Library system!
Here is Scott’s message with the details, enjoy!
Years ago the campus had Lynda.com access made possible by funding from the University Technology Fee Advisory Board (UTFAB). After a couple of years the board felt their fee dollars would be better spent elsewhere and declined further funding. I recently learned that Lynda.com content is available through the Poudre Public Library District, something I suspect is not widely known. If you have a current public library card, you should be all set. If you don’t, or you would rather use your CSUID instead, here are instructions for doing that:
- Any CSU faculty, staff or student can use their CSU ID card as a Poudre Public Library card by following these directions: http://lib.colostate.edu/access/poudre
- Once your CSU ID is recognized by the Poudre Public Library System (this may take up to 24 hours to complete) you can use it to access resources on Poudre Library’s OVERDRIVE via http://www.poudrelibraries.org/classes/emedia.php
- When you are on the Poudre Library site you can find the link to access Lynda.com by either typing “Lynda.com” into the search box or by clicking on the Research tab and using the A-Z index
- When you click the link to access Lynda.com you will be asked to enter your Library card number. This is your CSUID, INCLUDING THE DASH AND THE LAST DIGIT as shown on your CSU ID card (11 characters total)
- The first time you log into Lynda.com you will need to create a user profile that includes a password.
Thanks for passing this along Scott!